• Ann
    We purchased a 5th wheel 2nd hand it has no manuals and what I have down loaded isn’t giving me the answer. I have a battery shut off. When I am plugged into electric do I want the battery on or off? Thanks in advance for your help
  • Dhuhn
    I would leave it on otherwise your batteries will not charge. The only time i would shut it off old be if its in storage.
  • pterrydactyl
    There seems to be plenty of confusion in the language of “battery shut off”. Sorry about the length but I think this will explain it best. This was taken from https://www.rvtalk.net/rv-battery-disconnect-switch/
    Where you can read all the article.

After unloading and cleaning following a trip, simply turn the RV battery disconnect switch on. This will leave the battery in the same state of charge in which you leave it while activating the disconnect switch. You are likely to have enough charge when starting your next move because the RV batteries were being charged on your drive back home on the previous trip if all the electric lines in your RV were set up properly.

As the disconnect switch also prevents the battery from receiving any power, don’t forget to keep the battery disconnector off when you are driving to the campsite or when you are already in the campsite, so that your RV battery can power up the different appliances or devices and also receive power for charging itself. This will make your motorhome good to go when boondocking.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment