• rsullivan25
    As a temporary fix for our fifth wheel fan motor, I sprayed some high quality silicon lubricant into the fan impeller from the outside. It helped lessen the noise quit a bit. Our furnace used to squeal the whole time the furnace ran, now it has a short (1-2 second) burst when the furnace starts, but quiets after that. I know most people here are probably rolling their eyes at me as they read this, but it was a cheap quick fix until I can complete the proper repair.
  • Diana Starr
    Thanks for the input - I maybe would have tried that but I ended up getting a small space heater (which I wanted anyway) and since am heading south and probably won't really be needing the "big" furnace til next season I'll more than likely just put off the installation of the motor til then. BTW the little space heater I got is great. Smallish but great heat and only using it on medium draw (1125W).
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MB4BQ0G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • rsullivan25
    Great news! Yes we bought 3 small electric heaters last fall for the same reason. We are in a different rig but didn't want to rely solely on the furnace in case we ran into the same issues with the fan as we did on the fifth wheel :) 1 is bigger like yours , the other 2 are pretty small - max wattage 500, with a low setting of 250. So we kept 1 on low in the bathroom, 1 on high in the bedroom and the bigger electric heater like yours was in the main living area. They worked quite well all winter until about the end of Jan when we got a month long cold snap. Then the furnace came on a lot more.
  • Diana Starr
    yeah, when a real cold settles in and it never warms up even during the day its hard to keep things warm with just heaters.
  • Greg F
    That seems like a lot of labor time, especially if the guy doesn't have to travel. I wish I was there I would be happy to install it for you for free. Well, maybe a couple cold beers. :)
  • Diana Starr
    Wow I'd definitely take you up on that! :)
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet