• POPPS
    Is anybody from Canada using the Starlink RV plan while wintering in the U.S.?
  • Ray
    I have a Canadian Starlink residential plan. I added the portability addon when I left Canada, and it's worked great in Washington, Oregon, and California. Just plug it in, and it connects.
    The speeds have been good except for one night near Sacramento. They slowed a bit for a few hours in the evening. everywhere else its been fine.
    The total monthly cost is $190.40 CAD now. The support FAQ alludes to the fact that after two months out of the home country, it will need an address change to the new country or will quit working. Guess we'll see what happens. This is the first year that they will have a bunch of Canadian snowbirds heading south with the dishes. Support may get swamped with angry users, I imagine, maybe the policy will change as people start to cancel the service in large numbers.
  • POPPS
    I was reading about the 2 months and won't be getting it until that is rectified or they don't bother to enforce it. I will ask again in a couple of months and see how it is going. All the best from Imperial dam LTVA
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment