• Ray
    Finally caught up with the impressive spring desert flower bloom in #California. Visited the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve today. Wow! The vibrant orange color and density of poppies was something to see!

pzt9c1sbl8fmstzh.jpg
    ralivalsv551idms.jpg
    lm3s3d6uj21faoi7.jpg
    x5yl3kzjnwj2zpyv.jpg
    nhpxo1f3plb3zor2.jpg
    rpninxdheiq7ya7v.jpg
  • Dhuhn
    Wow, that’s so cool
  • RVsolar
    Wow that s Insane Sure beats my late night at the hippie hole .6ndehelo1q147sac.jpeg
    mrg4jrirdr8v3qq3.jpeg
  • Greg F
    Striking!
  • Donny Mackelprang
    That is some awesome color. Beautiful
  • VW's-Travels
    All of the moisture in the SW has made for some incredible flower shows.hga8fe2jloycdzv3.jpg
  • Ray
    In this video, I show off some remarkable footage of the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in full bloom. The rolling hills and nearby farms are carpeted in vivid color!

With the plentiful winter rains, it's turned out to be a banner year for the little orange poppies and other assorted wildflowers. the reserve is located 15 miles west of Highway 14 near the city of Lancaster. The visitor center is located 1/2 mile north of the intersection of 150th St W & Lancaster Road.

We visited on April 3rd, 2019. Even though it was a Wednesday afternoon the place was still packed with people that had driven out to see the wondrous sight. Parking in the reserve cost $10.

We have passed by this area at least a half dozen times but our timing has never been just right or the area didn't get enough rain for the impressive super bloom to take place. We were pretty stoked to finally be able to see it.

Another one scratched off the old bucket list. :)
  • Diana Starr
    I'm bummed - I lived in Frazier Park for about 5 years not far from there but it was during drought years. Now the last few years I've not been in the area for the great blooms even though I have a good friend that lives minutes from the preserve. Great photos!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment