• Lisa's RV Experience
    I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a 2016 Chevy Sonic LT and get rid of my tow dolly!!! Any one have any experience with the Sonic or setting up the tow rig for this?

Lisa
  • Greg F
    I don't have any experience with the Sonic but I recently set up a jeep for flat towing. If you have any questions as you sort through the myriad of options for tow bars, brakes, lights etc..I would be happy to let you know how we went or answer any questions that I can.

Greg
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    Thanks Greg. I ended up going to Camping World, I know but in Vacaville, CA they know what they're doing. Because I'm in California I needed the breaks, etc. The total is going to be around $3,800! The baseplate, towbar, breaks, circuit switch, installation, etc was a lot but not nearly as much as the $5,200 that LaMesa wanted!

I don't feel like I got ripped of but it is a lot of money! Still it'll be better in the long run then that tow dolly.

Lisa
  • Greg F
    Cool. I am interested in hearing how you compare flat towing with dolly towing.
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    Well the car replacement is done. I sold my tow dolly and Prius and bought the Chevy Sonic 2016 from Carmax. I took the car to Camping World in Vacaville, CA and they did a super job of the full installation. Within 2 weeks the parts were ordered and installed. Setup is easy and I've lost about 1,800 pounds from the dolly and the Prius switch. I certainly didn't realize it would cost so much to flat tow a car but it's so worth it. The total from Camping World was about $3,600 minus the $960 I got for my tow dolly it's about $2,400. At pickup I got almost 2 hours with the tech on connecting and instruction on how to use it. I'm not thrilled about the price but it makes my life is so much easier and for a full-timer that makes all the difference.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment