• Logan X
    I recently camped at this free National Forest campsite near Big Bear California. The campsites in the area were big and you could not really see or hear any other campsites. There were really nice views.

On a side note, I spent some time picking up trash in my site and the adjoining site. It’s frustrating when people leave trash. If we don’t take care of our public land the government will take it from us.

Anyways, it was a good location. Coon Creek Yellow Post Sites. (I almost didn’t share the name out of selfishness! Haha)

Take care!l2670xzm360mfpp3.jpeg
    er0hy69a46ristlf.jpeg
    oedino9r1r95dvif.jpeg
    73qx25aqq57p8acx.jpeg
    qwu7dpps81mc7jn6.jpeg
  • Ray
    Looks like a great spot. What's the elevation? I imagine it's up there a ways.
  • Logan X
    I think the elevation was around six thousand feet. All of the propane appliances were working fine in the altitude.
  • Greg F
    Looks like a great spot!

We pick up a lot of trash. In the grand scheme of things it probably won't make much difference but I just can't relax and enjoy myself looking at it. It is frustrating that people could use these beautiful resources with such callous disregard.
  • Chris McDonald
    How many sites are there? I know most of the Yellow Post areas only have a few sites. Do they all have good access for larger trailers (ours is 30 feet)? We are staying at Heart Bar in a couple of weeks.
  • Logan X
    there are about 19 sites if my memory serves me. I was in one of the first sites, number 6 I think. The access is from an unimproved dirt road. The farther you take the road, the worse it gets. I’m not sure I would have towed my trailer much farther in. But the fist 10 or 12 sites are mostly big and fairly accessible. Also, the sites are not very level. I had my tongue jack maxed out to make the trailer level.

I think those sites begin not long after you pass the Heart Bar campground.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/sbnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=34162&actid=34
  • Logan X
    If you take the road until it ends there is a cool cabin that was built by a Jeep club and there is a pretty spectacular view all the way to Indio. bedg1vt24cpk3hei.jpeg
    i3ii89eem6bkygdh.jpeg
  • Logan X
    On a side note, check the conditions before you go, the National Forest website says there is no access right now. Possibly closed due to snow. I was there in November.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment