• Ray
    Fellow fulltime RVing friends of ours and forum members @Colibabas are camped across from us at Thunderbird RV Park & Cottages Resort​ Awesome to catch up with them again. They have been fulltime since 2010 and have a wonderful blog chronicling their adventures. A real treasure trove of information for those looking into the lifestyle.

Here is a recent post with many photos of the trip from Victoria up to Campbell River and a few around the RV park.

https://steveanddiannesmostexcellentadventure.blogspot.com/2019/06/friday-may-31-2019-travel-to.html

20190601_110909-18.JPG
    20190531_165536-15.JPG

#VancouverIsland #BritishColumbia
  • Greg F
    Talk about having things in common. :) Sounds like a cool couple. I am intrigued by their tow vehicle.
  • RVsolar
    Wow nice rig. Ray maybe a walk thurgh of there truck .
  • Ray
    I bet they have some posts about the truck, I'll get them to share a link. :)
  • RVsolar
    thanks Ray would nice to see.
  • Colibabas
    Thanks for the shout out Ray and the interest in our truck guys! We were a little younger when the pics were taken. The one was featured in a Yamaha newsletter. The box is insulated so we have camped from it and I've hunted from it. We also use it as a guest room.
    Safe travelscerxzqkelndrzc2p.jpg
    1cxgdipyxui56zjp.jpg
  • RVsolar
    very nice thanks going to have meet up down south this winter.
  • Greg F
    Wow, that's quite the sleeper cab and guest quarters. How is driving the cab over axle? Is that a Fuso Chassis? Did you build it out or buy it from someone that converted it?

:up:
  • Colibabas
    It’s a 2008 GMC T7500 purchased new in 2010. It has an Isuzu 260 hp 6 cylinder diesel with an Allison 6 speed auto transmission. Unfortunately when I ordered it in the fall of 2009 my order was cancelled a month later when they shut that truck division down permanently when the automotive industry was tanking, so I had to settle for what was left on the lot. They had to lengthen the chassis a foot, I didn’t get diff lock, and the front leaf springs are much heavier than I wanted. I have air bags front and back. The box is my own design. It’s a rough riding truck, especially when I’m not towing. The front roller on the boat loader is powered and operated with a remote controller moving the boat forward until it hits it’s balance point then drops it down and lays it flat. The boat loader is hinged to allow it to be tilted forward so the cab of the truck can be tilted forward for servicing. I have a 4 way split camera screen with a camera on the passenger door, rear of the truck box, rear of the trailer, and one mounted on the trailer AC unit looking forward along the roof line. It has compressed air outlets on either side of the truck so I can fill my own tires. The truck is 26’ long and we have a combined length with bicycles on the back of 66’ and weigh in at 34,300lbs. I average around 7.5 mpg towing.
    The reason for the truck build was that we didn’t want to exchange living space for ATV storage and have yet to see a Toy Hauler we would want to live in.
  • Colibabas
    That would be great...always enjoy meeting like minded RVers!
  • Rob Heath
    Colibabas is not a common name. As a boy I remember a family of that name in South Surrey where we purchased fresh eggs etc. I wonder if there is a connection?
    Rob Heath
  • Colibabas
    None that I’m aware of Rob. I did have an Uncle that lived in Burnaby. Our Colibaba clan is mostly from Saskatchewan.
    Cheers!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet