• donrrt
    For those who tow with diesel vehicles or who rv with diesel motorhomes, what are your thoughts on using additives. Helpful or "snake oil"?
  • Larry B
    I feel they are helpful very helpful when you consider the price of these newer model fuel injectors. the question is carbon based or organic, I 'am leaning towards organic put having trouble with the price of some of these additives.
  • Ray
    I used them all the time when I have my old 94 Ford 7.3L It came out before the low sulfur fuels so needed to have the added lube of an additive. It had a mechanical fuel injection pump. With an additive, it got better fuel mileage and was noticeably quieter.
    So far with my 2018 Ram Cummins, I haven't added anything. Torn between helping the engine or maybe hurting things with a wrong additive.
  • RVsolar
    Hi I have been using BestLine Premium Synthetic Diesel Engine Treatment
    BestLine Premium Synthetic Power-Train Lubricant with every Oil change.
    They have video on YouTube yes I know cannot believe ever thing on the web but
    This stuff sure seems to work. Sold by Amazon and a Canadian rep out of Bc.
  • Colibabas
    I’ve wondered the same thing over the years. A blog follower that used to work for Hino commercial trucks says it’s snake oil because the newer fuel systems work at over 2000 psi. Each to their own I suppose...as long as it doesn’t hurt anything I guess....
  • Greg F
    Last three trucks 94, 2004 and 2017 Ram/CTD. Never added a drop of any additive. Never had an injector or any motor issue on any of these trucks.
  • donrrt
    Thanks everyone, I have a 2017 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins, I have used the winter gel prevention stuff one time. guess for now I will hold off on using an additive.
  • Jim Boswell
    I still use Stanadyne Fuel Treatment in my 2003 7.3L E-350 Sportsmobile. I also used it religiously in my old 6.9L F-350. I've only ever had one injector replaced in all the years of owning a diesel, and never a pump! I think it is a worthwhile investment!
  • Lorraine
    We have a 2004 Dodge 3500 and use Stanadyne. The truck is not happy when we run out.
  • Rob Heath
    At the moment I am using Stanadyne Performance Formula but will switch to the Lucas Oil product for the summer. I have notest a big difference in how the engine sounds and performs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment