• VW's-Travels
    I'm in the Blanding, Utah area at the moment with no real rush to go anywhere. There are a few "Islands in the Sky" in the South West / Utah. They are little Mountain Ranges pushed up here and there. This one is the Abajo range on the edge of Blanding, Utah. I was pretty surprised when checking it out. Cedars, Pinyon Pine and Sage brush give way to Ponderosa Pine, Oak and Aspens. The area has offered a nice break from the heat and lots of photo ops.
    Noticed a number of free dry camping sites as well as an inexpensive pit toilet/water spigot campground. (Nizhoni.) Think it's $10 a night or $5 with a Park Pass.
    5ev7369o5jpezh19.jpg
  • Ray
    Wow, doesn't get much nicer than that! Wish I could visit Utah this time of year. Maybe one day.
  • RVsolar
    I was thinking the same thing do you know the elevation .
  • VW's-Travels
    Photo was taken at 7750'. The peak behind on the right is around 11,200.
  • RVsolar
    Wow that's up there guess that's a no go for us with the wife lung condition it would make it hard to
    Move around there.
  • Eddie Householder
    I thought the Blanding area was very nice in 1970. There is an area outside of Blanding called Black Mesa that we test fired missiles from there to White Sands NM. I was the one wearing black boots and OD colored outfit! I plan on going back there next year on our long extended camping trip.
  • VW's-Travels
    Very cool Eddie. I just finished a book by Tony Hillerman. Part of the plot involved test missiles that went down over the Navajo Nation "back in the day".
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment