• Sevengables
    Seems we have a small leak in one of the slides. I found the video of Ray using eternabond for roof seams. I’ve ordered that. But what about around windows? What to do there to seal things up? 0dl6dmpgknh5229h.jpeg
  • Rolland
    I would be trying to determine just how bad the leak is. Many RV type windows are secured with a trim ring screwed from the inside. With the photo you shared I’d remove the interior trim ring while having someone on the outside keeping it from falling out. With a hard plastic putty knife then work it under the the outside rim to sever the butyl tape and remove the window. Once off clean the surface on the window and trailer where the tape was, apply new on the window surround and reinstall. Since it’s summer I would let the butyl tape rest for a few days and see if any more oozes out, then seal with Proflex sealant. Don’t use silicon sealants.
  • Ray
    Can you remove that switch plate and see what's going on in there? I wonder why the drip is so dark looking.
  • Logan X
    Like Ray said, I would remove the switch plate and try to see where that drip is coming from.

If you think it was a window that was leaking, you may want to check the weep holes in the bottom of the window frame to make sure they are not clogged.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment