• Greg F
    Hi all. Has anyone upgraded their 12v water pump? We have the stock shurflo pump in our new camper. It works ok but chatters a lot vibrating the pex tubing in the camper. (just like every other camper we have had with this brand pump) It also cause the lights to pulsate. It has a hard time priming itself when we first fill up the fresh water tank. I have considered an accumulator tank but would prefer an upgraded pump instead.

I was considering replacing it with a variable speed pump like a Remco. Has anyone used this pump or can recommend another quiet variable flow pump?

Remco
  • OTRGrumpyman
    Hi Greg
    I updated my Shurflo pump with another pump of the same brand. I did add a accumulator tank to the system. Also Wraped my pipes with pipe insulation, The kind you get at Home Depot. I no longer get the chattering and it is a lot quieter now. Bought the parts off Amazon. SHURFLO 4008-101-E65 3.0 Revolution Water Pump, SHURFLO 94-591-01 Pump Silencing Kit, & SHURFLO Black 182-200 Accumulator Tank. Hope this helps.
    James
  • Jerry D
    I bought some "pool noodle" and cut sections and wrapped them around the tubing near the pump intake/output in the pump enclosure. Made a huge difference and is a low cost improvement.
  • Greg F
    Thanks Jerry, we did this as well and it did help but not as much as we would like. I have heard some good reviews of variable speed pumps. Just wondering if anyone here had given them a try.
  • R-wanderlust
    I installed a new 4 chamber pump which is fantastic, VERY quiet. I added an accumulator tank thinking it would be an asset, but I ended up removing it because I didn't see any advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er4hPFV41xU&t=9s
  • Greg F
    Thanks. The camper came stock with the newer 4008 revolution pump. I would like to stay away from adding an accumulator tank. That area of the camper would need to be reconfigured to make room. Swapping out to a smoother, quieter pump is what I am hoping to do.
  • Paul Holtom
    As well as adding a accumulator tank , i bought a piece of 1/2” floor mat and mounted my pump to this. This is what has stopped the chatter in my plumbing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment