• Frank
    Does anybody has the following problem or expirienced this with his waterpump? When I tap water using the waterpump, it keeps idling when I shut the tap. It's not doing this the hole time or every time. Pressure is still good, only annoying.
    Let me know if anybody knows what this can be.
    Thanks for now.
  • Ray
    Sounds like it's not returning to pressure, could be a faulty pump, or leak in the line somewhere or too low of a supply voltage. Sometimes a faulty connector can cause the voltage to drop and the pump can't repressurize properly. With a multimeter, you can check the voltage at the pump and make sure it's a least about 11.8VDC or more when running.
  • Frank
    Thanks Ray, will check it out.
  • Greg F
    I have had this issue on my last 2 campers. The pressure switch on the pump isn't turning it off because *it seems* that the pump isn't running full strength. In both cases I found that turning on all the taps at the same time forced the pump back into normal pumping. Next time it happens try turning on all your sink taps, hot and cold (make sure the hot water heater is full) and after pressure/flow seems good shut them off and see if that takes care of it. We go through this every time we repressurize the system after draining the fresh water tank and lines.
  • Frank
    I will give this a try, thanks Greg.
  • Frank
    Update on the pump. Tried the sugestion of Greg but that did'nt work, have no multimeter so couldn't do what Ray suggested. I think I'll get my self a newer model pump. Thanks for the help.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment