• Ray
    Several people have requested that I publish a video explaining the basics of how to use a multimeter. So, here is a video demoing some of its many uses when it comes to troubleshooting and analyzing RV’s electrical circuits and batteries.

A multimeter is a Swiss army knife of electrical testers. With it, you can test AC/DC voltages, amperage, and circuit resistance. Some more sophisticated multimeters will also test frequency and capacitance.

In the video, I show voltage, amperage, resistance tests. I also show how to accurately determine correct DC polarity when confronted with a pair of unknown wires. A common occurrence when digging into many RV DC voltage circuits.
  • Greg F
    We bought that clamp on meter after watching your review of it a while back. For a cheap meter it has worked great. Perfect for the camper tool kit.
  • Rush and Lola
    Thanks Ray, Nothing like a good refresher course.
  • Doug Schneider
    Thanks Ray. I always struggle with the RV wires. Worked on a lot of 110V in the house but the combined 12V/110V systems in the RV are a challenge. Thanks again for a quick review. I do use the continuity checker a lot. Helpful.
  • POPPS
    It seems I always learn something from your videos, this one no exception. I never knew the negative symbol would be the visual clue as to proper polarity. When you tested the button battery I saw it and thought, I will remember this from now on. Thanks very much for your time to help us out. I think it is past time that I send you another small contribution and I will try to use the amazon link as well. :up:
  • Ray
    Got it. Thanks Wayne! :)
  • Eddie Aileen
    Cool video! My multimeter is a "Go-To" tool of mine way back when I was a HVAC-R tech. Thanks for the video!
    Happy Trails...Pal!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet