• Logan X
    I recently had a propane leak on my trailer. It ended up being the regulator pigtails, both of them on my dual tank system. I was wondering if that was coincidence or has anyone else had two pigtails fail at the same time?
  • BSides
    Just curious, not trying to be a critic. I know nothing about working with gas. I didn't see you wrap or coat threads with gas rated pipe seal (Teflon tape). I see you tested for leaks,and didn't have any. So is that pipe seal stuff an optional thing? Just needed if you don't get a good seal?
  • Logan X
    great question, and I am not a gas expert either. To the best of my understanding, those fittings are “inverted flare” and they seal without any tape or pipe dope.

There was not any tape or pipe dope on the original fittings from the factory either.

Thanks for watching!
  • BSides
    Thanks for the reply. I was surprised to see two leaks where you had them with little to no obvious hose degradation. You have convinced me in the spring when I get my 5th wheel out of storage I am going to do a quick spray test or buy a propane leak detector and keep and eye on things a bit more. Good stuff, thanks again.
  • Logan X
    I was surprised as well, I replaced the regulator and both pig tails 11 months ago. I guess I’m chalking it up to cheap Chinese parts purchased from Amazon. Like I mentioned in the video, the new pigtails are made in the USA and I’m looking for a back up regulator that is made in the USA.

Take care!
  • BSides
    One final question, where did you get the made in USA ones? Nosing around on Amazon they don't offer up just where most of them are made. Which I assume means China, short of asking the question on each listing.
  • Logan X
    I got the pigtails from Western Propane services in Garden Grove CA. That is my local propane supplier. Unfortunately, the regulator they carry is made in China. I’m not sure if you can order parts from them, here is a link to their website:

https://gassydan.com/

Another YouTube channel I watch recommended propanegear.com for propane parts and accessories. You may be able to find something there.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment