• RVThereYet
    due to water damage I have had to repair the back wall of my fith wheel. So due to this I have access to tail light wiring. Am considering adding either a third brake light or additional brake/trunsignal lights on the sides before complete my repairs.. If i add a third brake light I would place in near the top under the marker lights. If I add additional brake/blinker lights I would place them like 3ish feet above the exisitng brake/blinker lights. Is there a law that states if you can have two sets of brake/bliner lights on rear. has anyone here added additional third brake lights or brake bliner lights. Is there an advatage to one being better than the other etc. thanks
  • George
    Regarding brake light location . You should check the regulations as to how many and where they can be mounted on the trailer. This would depend on where your trailer is registered.
  • Jay Pat
    snlievzzyhalg1w6.jpg

I added stop and turn signals.
    I have never been stopped for having the extra lights.
    Have passed state required inspections every year.
    I know the license is not mounted legal. I haven't been stopped, yet.....
    The bottom of my add on lights is a little over 80" off the ground.
    The original lights still operate correctly.
    The add on lights are surface mounted LED lights and a lot brighter than the stock lights.

The reason for the lights is for vehicles behind me to see advanced notice that I am doing something up where I'm at.
    Cars should be able to see my signals even if they aqre several cars back.
    Truckers should see me as well, several cars or even many cars back.
    This is all just trying to be safer out on the road.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment