• Jim55
    I have a 14 Ram Tradesman dually 4WD long bed that I am going to trade in on a 20 Ram single rear wheel long bed 4WD. The height on the current truck is 58” at the back of the bed with no load on it. I’m pulling a 34’ fifth wheel and if I end up with a truck with a higher bed, it will require me to add a lift kit to raise the trailer so it will remain level.
    So I have two questions. . . Can anyone tell me what their Ram 1ton, long bed, 4WD measures in at the rear of the bed? Does anyone have the air leveling system (Ram) and does that allow the bed to sit lower?

Thanks Jim
  • Ray
    When mine was new it was right around 58 1/2, seemed a big difference was the wheels, I chose 18" and noticed many of the 20" wheeled trucks were closer to 60" Now a year and a half later and 20,000 miles and some load in the box I'm around 56", guess the new springs have broken in a bit. I have about 6" clearance, haven't had any issues, except when off-road and get into a rutted road and the rig twists side to side, have to really watch it. https://youtu.be/lYjmt__avho?t=644

s2paf40y29yqy5d0.jpg
  • Jim55
    Thanks Ray.

Jim
  • Willie
    20,000 miles??? Dang, I swear you just bought that truck just last week.

Time flys, unfortunately.
  • Gameover
    Jim, I have the 2019 3500 ram with air suspension. Haven't towed too much yet with it, maybe 1000 miles. The air suspension seems to adjust to loads applied to the bed. Basically to keep your front end from pointing up to the sky when I hitch up my 5th wheel. I'm not exactly sure if you can adjust manual, haven't played with it too much yet. So far I happy with it.

Barry
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet