• Lorraine
    Probably every quarantined RVer is taking the opportunity to clean cupboards. We returned to Canada on March 19th and had to voluntarily quarantine for 14 days and set to cleaning cupboards.

When I emptied a cupboard over the stove, I had to get onto the counter and cram my head inside to wipe down the walls and in one corner I got a whiff of mould. We couldn’t smell anything from floor level.

Since that wall was beside the fridge, Greg assumed the fridge vent must be the culprit. He took the cover off the vent and sure enough, somehow a piece of the flange was crimped enough to allow water to get under and run down the wall. Although he inspects things regularly, this issue wasn’t obvious without removing the cover.

While checking it out, he determined the vent and the cover were looking kind of old and especially the cover looking kind of brittle, so we ordered a whole new unit from a local RV dealer. He also found all the insulation that had been up high, had fallen down around the fridge fins, so that needs tending to as well.

It’s always good to catch these things before they become big expensive issues. So, everyone go check your fridge vents
  • Ray
    Good tip. :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube