• Laurence
    I decided to dust off the bought 5 year ago Tire Minder A1A and got it installed. Located the repeater inside the propane cover zip tied then direct wired straight to the batteries. What I need to know what kind of a quick disconnect can I buy and inline fuse how any amps? The quick disconnect is for when taking the tank cover and off season storage. Links to parts much appreciated . Thank you
  • George
    I would consider a switch wired in series with the repeater . This is the easiest and cheapest.
    Another option is to install a relay and fuse in series where the relay operates only when the unit is attached to the tow vehicle with the engine running.
  • Greg F
    The repeater uses very little power. Do you know what size the wire is? The fuse would be to protect the wire but I am guessing the repeater is under 1 amp so a standard automotive blade fuse holder with a 1 amp fuse should be fine. To disconnect you could pull out the fuse or wire in a switch. I didn't bother on our TST just because the repeater uses so little power and we have a battery disconnect that isolates all loads when we aren't using the camper.

Fuse holder

1 amp fuse

Here is my install. Our TST came with a fuse already but you can wire your own in using solder or crimp some butt connectors. The wire is probably small (ours is 20 AWG) so you will need a quality wire stripper and a little experience. I just wired into the 12vdc busbar for the jack and slide controllers. For the negative connection a self tapping screw into the sheetmetal used for a clamp worked fine. I am not a big fan of secondary wiring attached directly to the battery but that is more of a neatness and convenience of maintenance issue than anything else.

14ukybb9h3ubw460.jpeg

myp0gsctut9ov46a.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube