• Scott Andrews
    All
    Greetings,
    Has anyone installed the 'Jack-It' Lippert Components Bike Rack? I must get the bikes out of the bed of my truck. My options are limited- kayaks ready on top of my truck, no trailer bumper option, I drive an F150, so a front mount hitch blocks headlights.

If you have one, my question is: Would you buy another one?

Thank you Ray for having such an extraordinary platform for this community.

Scott
  • Ray
    You're welcome, Scott. :)
    Can't say I've encountered anyone with that setup, makes good use of the space but sure looks wiggly. But I guess most bike carriers do.
    https://view.vzaar.com/12138081/player
  • Willie
    Also check out what ISI in Australia has to offer. In my opinion, ISI is the leader in bike rack innovation. And they only use Australian components and steel, not Chinese.

I run a Fuso cab over 4x4 camper and need my two bikes to ride high enough to preserve my departure angle, but the bikes also need to be really stable. Did you notice the bikes bouncing back and forth in the Lippert video? That bouncing will eventually lead to failure of the bike rack.

Check out ISI. Their customer service is the best. I ordered on a Wednesday and received my rack in the US from Australia the following Monday. I don’t know how they did it, but they are the best. Nope, not the cheapest, but the best.

http://www.isi-carriers.com/
  • Chris Lonsberry
    Willie: Thanks for the ISI link. That looks like a solid system.
  • dnoordhoff
    I have the 'Jack-It' Lippert Components Bike Rack which mounts on the trailer tongue, holds two bikes over the propane tanks. I also have the 'Bump-It' adapter to use it with the pickup without the trailer.
    I need help to mount the bikes (wife does fine), but I like all the other feature (security, rigidity, etc.).
    I have a few pictures if anyone wants to see it in use.

Dave
  • Angel
    I have been following because I am trying to learn about a bike rack for an ebike. One where I would be able to load the bike as a weak old female! The ebikes are too heavy to lift up.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the LYRV Forum

Do you want to join the Love Your RV! Community?
Click for Invite Information