• Ray
    Vancouver Island is home to miles and miles of gorgeous ocean beach line to explore. Some of it is sandy, but for the most part, it's rugged and rocky. The surrounding waters are crisp, clear, and chock full of marine life, so at low tide, on a rocky shoreline, you are bound to find interesting tide pools to explore.

Last fall, I took you along on a hike out to the famous Botanical Beach Provincial Park on the southwest end of the Island. This time I give you a look at a lesser-known but still a fascinating and colorful set of tide pools on the east side of the Island near Campbell River. The pools form on a rocky reef a few hundred yards offshore.

The best of them are only accessible during the lowest of the low tides. We chose July 5th, 2020, around noon hour to venture out.

Both Anne and I enjoyed our visit to the Willow Point reef immensely and planned to return again this summer for further explorations. The density of life was incredible!

• Gidgit
    Beautiful! Totally enjoyed your video! Miss the Island so much, plan to return some day soon. Thank you for sharing. So amazing to see all the sea life looking like they are thriving!
    Gidgit ;)
  • RVsolar
    great Video did you see the sea horse in your video?lqu6cdoc2hkx87zh.png
  • Ray
    Thanks :) No, I didn't think any seahorses live this far north
  • Colibabas
    Those tidal pools are really cool. We’ll have to check them out the next time we’re in the area.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment