• PPilotmike
    I notice there are 2 styles. One is shaped much like the bulbs that are in my rv now and the other resembles a miniature ping pong paddle. Anyone know which one produces the best light?
  • Ray
    I'd guess the ping pong paddles type would be more directional light and the cylinder broader. Look for LEDs that have built-in regulation, usually say rated for 8-32VDC without that they will burn out quicker than plain 12V ones especially if you are charging batteries at a higher voltage via the solar controller or for lithium.
    Also, look for some sort of heat sink, usually, a layer of aluminum keeps the LED heat down and extends the life. Also, there are different colors of light. I like around 3200K.

You'll usually find that a 3200K light color, regulated, and with builtin metal heatsink material will be a little more costly but last longer and give off a more pleasing light. That is unless you prefer whiter or blue light. :)

led-color-temperature2_grande.jpg
  • Steves217
    I have the ones that look like ping pong paddles in my rig. If you are interested, they can be found at "superbrightles.com". That's where I got mine. I also needed to replace a couple fixtures and found them with LED`s installed at "Etrailer". They work rather well too.
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    Okay so I'll take the other side, I like the rounder ones particularly if you're putting them in like a dining setting where you need even light and a 360° format. The flat ones I think are really good for like an outside light but I even have the round ones and all my bays when I replaced the incandescent light bulbs.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment