• Lisa's RV Experience
    Greetings all. Not a new story/problem to be sure. I have a 2.5 year old Norcold/Polar 8 cubic ft frig in my RV that's not getting cold. Lights work, I've tried both electric and gas (can hear gas working when I'm outside) but can't figure out what's wrong. I removed the Thermister to see if it would make it cold but no luck. I'm thinking maybe it's the motherboard. Anyone know any other ideas I can check? I've called an RV tech and he said it could take him hours to check out so I'm trying a few easy things myself. Any ideas what else I can check? Also, I have no error codes.
  • Ray
    My guess..
    Have you had any funny ammonia smells recently? Sounds like it may be possible that the cooling unit has leaked or possibly plugged up. Look for yellow powder on the pipes or below.
    Usually, if the gas or electric is working and heating up the flue and boiler piping then there isn't much else it could be unless the door seal is leaking like crazy on both the freezer and fridge, letting the cool air out.
  • George
    Another possibility is that the thermocouple that controls the temperature is broken. This thermocouple controls the operation of the compressor. I don't know how easy it is to replace or locate . Ray might have an answer to that .
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    Well I'm hesitant to say this but I think the refrigerator is fixed, I just wanted to give everyone an update. I replaced the thermistor inside the refrigerator and then I realized the outside fan used for cooling apparently has died! I had added an auxiliary fan to the top vent but but I must have hooked it to something that's not DC because when I switch from electric to gas the fan shuts off and I have to restart it or turn it on again. I think if I can find a DC always on the auxiliary fan will do what I need it to do and keep the refrigerator coils cool. I still have an appointment with an RV dealer to look at the refrigerator but I guess I'll just have them replace the original fan hopefully with something that will last more than two and a half years!. Thanks for all the feedback on this it was helpful.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment