• Dale
    I see alot of people are using the Berkey water filter system. What do folks think? Thanks
  • Ray
    If you have space they seem like a good option. I usually fill a pair of 6-7 gallon jugs for our drinking and cooking at the purified water machines and carry them in the truck bed. Then have a little 2 gallon for the kitchen counter. The machines also do UV and RO and I have extra water for boondocking if I need it.
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    I use 4 filters before water gets into my clean water tank, then I use 2 Brita pitchers and drink from the 2nd one. Water is GREAT and I don't have to find the space for a Berkey.

Lisa
  • Retired Fire Guy
    We bought our Berkey a couple years ago before heading south. We traveled fulltime for 7 months as well as misc. trips since and it works flawlessly and provides great tasting water as well as peace of mind.
    We also appreciate the simplicity of its design and that it not something that will likely need repair etc. On the road!!
    We definately recommend the Berkey to fellow RVers.
  • Jim Litz
    We love our Berkey. All of our drinking water gets filtered through it.
  • Mary Logue
    Love my Berkey water filter. It just fits on the counter of my Alto R1713.
  • Eddie Aileen
    We have an Alexapure gravity water filter. It is like the Berkey, but not as expensive.
    It works great and we love having it!
    Happy Trails!!!sum3wacp6xexlf07.jpg
  • Keith
    We use a two stage whole house filter (link below). It works well, and then we use a brita style water filter in the refrigerator.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J964H7W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • Leftie Canuk
    We shopped for a Berkey and then found a less expensive gravity water filtering system offered by Rain Fresh, a Canadian company. They only make one size, the SM4. For my wife and I, it has been the right size, excellent quality, and good customer support. One trick we learned was to swap out the 3/4" flat hose washers for 3/4" O-rings, where the spigot attaches to the lower container. Check out their site
    https://rainfreshstore.ca/product-category/products/gravity-water-filters/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet