• hawk
    I want to upgrade the water pump in the 5th wheel.would like to get away from the one I have now which cycles on off per usage
  • Herb
    I'm not 100% sure but all pumps have to cycle on & off unless you have a gravity feed or air pressure style. Way back in my first RV days I had a small water tank above the sink and it was gravity flow. Also had older camper that air pressure 'pushed' the water out of the tank & thru the lines. We didn't have a shower back then though & only one sink. Now a days the water tank is in the frame below all the items requiring water. Water usually needs pressure to flow up hill. I use a Sur Flow Ultra Quiet. It is very quiet and works well. You may want to try one with an accumulator tank as well.
  • Jim Litz
    Adding an accumulator tank will smooth out the pump cycling.
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    My water pump cycles on an off when the water is on, that's they way it works. I understand that you can buy a higher quality water pump that's not as loud. I just had to replace mine but wanted to avoid any modifications to I purchased the newer model of what I had and sure enough I still get the off and on noise like the first one. If you do find a quieter one please post it if you purchase a quieter one.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment