• Richard Perry
    Our '08 Montana 3000RK has a soft spot about 18" square on the kitchen floor, and I suspect a faulty fridge drain tube. It crumbled to dust as I inspected the back of the fridge prior to buying the trailer. I think the subfloor is 5/8", so I plan to pull the vinyl floor back to re-build and reinforce that part of the floor. Anyone else done this? I assume I will need to tie back into the aluminum frame. Hoping to avoid having to remove any cabinets. Has anyone else done something similar? Thanks.
  • Ray
    I haven't done the main floor but did have to do the 3/4" slide floor, was able to patch, and has worked well. https://www.loveyourrv.com/rotted-rv-slide-out-floor-repair-fixed-manufacturer-flaw/
    Hopefully, you can post so pix and we can see what you are up against.
  • Richard Perry
    Thanks Ray. I have watched that slide repair video a few times. Nice work. I recently ordered the West System epoxy kit to fix another issue – a little crack at the neck of the grey tank. I bet that rings a bell, eh? That video helped immensely. I can’t get to PEI yet but I’ll be sure to post updates on the floor and tank repairs when I open ‘er up this spring. Cheers, Richard.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment