• MikeD
    For those with a TPMS on their trailer tires, how much did your pressure and temperature go up driving on a warm day?
    Drove 30 miles home out of storage on a 50 degree f day. Pressure went up 10+ pounds and temperature in the low 90s.The sensors are on the inside of the tires.
  • Dhuhn
    That’s normal. You will find that when it’s warmer they will increase a little more than that. It’s nothing to worry about that’s why you set the alarms on your TPMS. Your tires are made to expand and take the temp increases. If the alarms go off then I would be concerned.
  • Ray
    My pressure usually rises at least 10 pounds or so and temps are usually about 20F higher on average but depends on how curvy the road is. I find that on really curvy roads it rises a little more. Also, the sunny side can be higher.
    I usually set my high temp alarm at 110F and it has only gone off once or twice and that was after very heavy braking. Must have really heated up the drums. That is a pretty low alarm setting, but I like an early warning. As an example, the Tireminder i10 TPMS I reviewed has a fixed high temp alarm and is set at 167F.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment