• Rush and Lola
    Just wondering if there are any others who like to share there volunteering gig info. We are blessed in our volunteering and we think its account of our southern accents. HaHa. We have already volunteered at State Parks, Federal Parks and now feel we have been honored to help at The Grand Tetons NP. We are going to be String Lakers. We have a camping spot saved for us at Gros Ventre CG. .That along is a plus. We have a schedule of four days 6 hr days and can't wait to get there to enjoy the area once visited in 2015 on our retirement run around America.
    Our annual winter gig is at Alva, Fl near Ft. Myers, Fl. W.P. Franklin COE CG. Nothing like the warm air of Florida along with the fresh seafood from the gilf. Last winter I started to turn pink from all the shrimp we eat haha.For those that dont know Flamingos get there pink color account of all the brime shrimp they eat.
    Well you all take care and as Eddie and Ray say, Happy Trails..
  • donkline
    We volunteer in South east Arizona at Kartchner Caverns State Park.. We give the cave tours and have a great time meeting people from all over...
  • Rush and Lola
    We know what ya mean. We have meet so many friendly RV'ers while volunteering and now we all keep in touch with each other and talk about the good times we are all having. Some of us are going to caravan together next year and go to Alaska if all goes well. Of course we are all going to be doing our own thing but we are still working on a plan so if any one has a issue we are close to come to each others rescue.
  • Jay Pat
    I volunteer with the Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Railroad. I serve as a docent on the train. Also, work in work sessions as a Chronicler documenting the work on several projects each summer. They always have openings for more volunteers. Husband & wife teams are welcome, too!
    Cumbres & Toltec Railroad has 6 working steam locomotives and 64 miles of track between Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado. The highest point on the railroad is Cumbres Pass at 10,015 feet elevation.
  • Rush and Lola
    I ran Locomotives 41 yrs. on the east coast with CSX.I am known as Popa Choo Choo to the grandbabies.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the LYRV Forum

Do you want to join the Love Your RV! Community?
Click for Invite Information