• John612
    Planning on returning to Alaska in June 2022, assuming things will be fully open by then, but you all know how assumptions can backfire. :)

Any thoughts?
    Thanks,
    John
  • Jack Tyler
    Boy is there a lot of forum talk about Alaska and 2022! We pull a Lance, a brand which enjoys a very active owner association, and the Alaska threads seem to be on fire. So much so, some are thinking ahead to 2023 as a less frenetic, less congested travel experience than 2022. Our Canadian Lance owners are telling us to be patient, in part because they are wary of their border opening up to us U.S. residents when our vaccine uptake has gone so slowly. Can't blame them, either. So my thinking is that it may not just be about the border 'opening' but rather about the entry and travel requirements that will exist when travel into Canada becomes accessible. We USA folks seem to also have a very fractured view of official vaccine passports as well, which may be another potential factor. It hurts to say it...but I fear the ripple effects of Covid will be with us for quite some time to come.

Jack
  • Bill Illman
    Thanks for your insights Jack,
    We have been thinking about Alaska too, now with the pent up demand to get out on the road from the Covid lock down I think it is going to be a very busy season up the Alaska highway for the next few years ! I think I will wait till I'm retired 2024 !
    Bill
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to the LYRV Forum

Do you want to join the Love Your RV! Community?
Click for Invite Information