• John612
    Ray - If I remember right, you have the Trimetric charge controller & meter too, think mine's on the fritz.

Meter read 100% on April 8th, 86% on April 26th, zero today.
    Trimetric readings:
    Volts 12.4
    Amps -4.1
    % zero
    AH -1.02
    DSC 34.1
    DSE 1.68
    Pr -52.3 (How can solar power be a negative??)
    RPC zero

When I hooked up the battery, lights & slides worked.
    How can that happen if batteries are zero?
    You would think I left something turned on that drained the battery, couldn't find anything, plus the % drop in April is normal.
    For giggles, I turned on the inverter, amps read -2.8.
    Turned it back off, amps read normal, -.1.
    Now I'm thinking there's a meter issue, left message with Bogart.

Measured 12.6v on each battery disconnected.
    My battery guy says they’re good, just charge em back up, should be able to read 13.1v in a few hours of sunshine.
    He said if voltages were significantly different for each battery, they would probably be dead.
    He’s had many rv’ers with battery problems and doesn’t have much confidence in % readings.

Called Ralph, a tech who used to work at Bogart, he gave me some spots to check continuity, he's thinking there could be a short or open in one of the wires.

He also told me the company was sold to new owners.

Thanks,

John
  • Ray
    Have you tried doing a factory reset on the Trimetric? I'd also unplug and plug in the data cable on the controller and the monitor, check the connections on the shunt and controller.
  • John612
    Funny you should say that, I'd forgotten about the reset until it suddenly dawned on me to try it.
    Sure enough, hit the button, the system reset, all the numbers back in line.
    I'm going to paint that button red so I don't miss it next time!
    Thx,
    John
    PS I did get a callback from Bogart too.
  • Ray
    Thanks for the update
  • Logan X
    It’s good to hear you got it sorted out without too much difficulty. It’s also good to hear the company called you back, you can’t beat good customer service!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment