• Jim Duce
    Have the camera installed and it works pretty well except I can not get more than two bars. I have two auxiliary antenna, one for the camera mounted on the back of the trailer, the other for the monitor inside the truck. Still only two bars. I suspect the problem may be with my trailer. I have a 32 foot Springdale hitch pull. It has aluminum siding and a bunch of stuff on top as well as a slide canopy that may be interfering with the signal. Any suggestions on how to boost reception?
  • Ray
    Is the only problem not getting more than 2 bars displayed or does it actually have cutouts and distortions in the picture? Sometimes the little bars aren't that accurate. Mine stays at 3 bars sometimes dropping to 2 bars but the video signal is solid
    Also, I have heard other devices can cause interference, even the fancy electronics that many modern trucks have.
  • GeekyGuy
    Same here, I get 2 to 3 bars. Picture is of high quality.

So I do like I do for my black tank sensors. I ignore the bars..
  • Jim Duce
    Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, my picture is solid with little or no distortion. I'll treat this like I did with an old car I once owned, The check engine light would not go out regardless of what I did. I finally cut a small square of black tape and pasted it over the engine icon. Problem solved! Thanks, Ray and GeekGuy!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment