• Grant M
    We all sanitize the water tanks, does anyone have suggestions on how to sanitize the water hose?
  • Ray
    I'd just add a little bleach and water mixture inside it and screw the ends together, let it sit a day then flush it out well. Or when you are sanitizing your fresh tank and rig plumbing, connect the hose with shut off on the end to the outside shower spigot and run the sanitized water into it and shut it off and let it sit.
  • Grant M
    Crap! That is a good idea hooking it up to the outside faucet. :( I just drained my tank too.
  • Greg F
    Every week or so after filling the holding tank we hang the hose over the roof ladder and allow it to fully drain and air dry. So far we haven't sanitized hoses and never had a problem. I worry more about the water that is trapped inside the inline filter but since we use it pretty regularly and replace it before each trip I think it's ok.
  • Keith
    I pretty much do the same thing as Ray, but I use Clorox crystals so I don't have to carry a jug of bleach around.
    Make sure you don't get your mix too strong, or let it sit too long, it can get corrosive and damage your hose, etc. Been there, done that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment