• Joan
    My bedroom slide out is my closet. It has been chilly in there since the get-go....bought my used Winnebago Vista about 5 months ago. I live on the Oregon coast and nights get cold, especilly now that winter is approaching. Opening the closet is ridiculous...like an extra fridge in my unit. WHY? Is there anything I can do to fix this problem....feels like it impacts the entire bedroom?
  • Greg F
    We have a cabover camper with a closet on one side of the bed. It also gets cold. The closet is exposed on 3 sides to the exterior temperatures, top, side and bottom. Closing the closet doors somewhat insulates the closet from receiving warmth from the interior space making it noticeably colder. On your slide you have the same situation of added exterior wall exposure. Slides in general are not as well insulated as fixed walls in campers.

To help this we added 2 layers of Reflectix insulation on the wall and ceiling. This helped a lot. You can buy Reflectix at home improvement stores or on Amazon. It is easy to cut with scissors for a good fit.

Hope that helps. :)
  • Greg F
    Here is a video that shows some Reflectix installations. There are many uses. We cover our windows and vents at night when it's cold out. Really cuts down on the amount of furnace use. It's also great in the summer to help keep the heat down inside.

Pippi on Reflectix.
  • RVsolar
    Rigid pink on the floor and out side walls frame it up use duct tape to hold it in place bob your uncle ! Our pull-up the wheels head south 7days and 9hours it has been getting cold up here as well 28f with highs of 55f.
  • Eddie Aileen
    Howdy! Ray put this together back when we first met on his old site RV Happy Hour.
    Some helpful tips for cold weather camping.......Happy Trails!!!
    Tips and Tricks for Cold Weather RVing
  • Joan

THANK YOU...sounds like just what I need! :grin:
  • Joan
    Excellent...thank you!!!!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url