• Ray
    In this video, I give a demo and review my new Outland Fire Bowl. It's an LP gas fire pit with lava rocks to produce a fairly realistic little campfire. The model I got is 870, which they call the premium package. It includes an electric starter plus a metal storage lid and strap.

The unit is 19" wide and weighs in at around 24 lbs. Nice and compact! Overall we are most pleased with its performance and looking forward to using it this winter. If you sit close enough, it throws out a decent amount of warmth, and the flickering orange flames add to the camping ambiance.

Pros:
    - Quality construction (powder coat and stainless steel)
    - Aesthetically pleasing to look at
    - Cools down quite quickly
    - Easy to store & lightweight
    - Fairly quiet (minimal gas hiss)
    - Works off standard 20 lb LP gas cylinder

Cons:
    - Not approved to cook over
    - Manufacturer says must use lava rocks only
    - Lave rock debris messy
    - Occasional propane smell
    - Burns through LP gas pretty quickly on high setting

Anne bought this for me at Canadian Tire for $180 Canadian (about $140 USD). You'll find them sold in many stores like Home Depot, Costco, Cabela's, and Amazon

Amazon Affiliate Links:
    USA - https://amzn.to/3iNqqSa
    Canada - https://amzn.to/3nL1aQf
  • Lisa's RV Experience
    I have one of these and am finally heading to a place where I can use it in the morning and evenings. Nice choice!
  • bookoo
    Starting our third year with ours. Nice not getting smoked out when sitting around it or filling up your RV with smoke. Still can create a good S'mores.
  • Leftie Canuk
    Ray,
    We upgraded from the original Yukon Campfire to one of the deluxe Outland Fire Bowls, and found they can operate at the lowest setting and still produce a really nice flame, while being much more fuel efficient than the old ones. Our Outland produces a lot more heat on the lowest setting than our original, so it is more wallet friendly, along with more convenient to use and carry in the RV. I think this is one of those rare cases where the knock-offs are improvements on the old, and cheaper too !
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment