March 11, 2019
One of the best upgrades I did was to add the vortex generators (VGs) to our class A motor home (MH).
The VGs improved the handling more than the expensive shocks and swaybar.
Even though the shocks and swaybar made the ride better the VGs really blew my mind on how much they improved the wind issues from crosswinds and trucks passing.
Crosswinds? What crosswinds? They don't push the MH around like they did before.
Totaly amazing. The truck trailers used to get sucked towards me as they passed which increased the pucker factor quite a bit. Now they don't move toward me and I barely know they are passing. I still get a very small bump on the noise when the truck hits my bow wave but most of the time I don't even have to correct for it. Some smart person out there may tell me how to fix that too.
The other benefit is way less dirt on the back end of the MH. Stays as clean as the sides now.
Where did I get them you may ask?
Well they do make a commercial version of them called Air Tabs, but I 3D printed mine.
The cost was less and I ended up with a 3D printer for other projects.
They are installed 4 inch on centers (where they can be) and they are up both sides and across the top.
I hope to paint match them to the MH this summer just to spruce them up a bit.
I hope this will help others out there that may be experiencing the same issues with wind or trucks.
As Ray would say,,, Cheers!
March 1, 2019
Any Harvest Hosts members here?
We signed up for the first time this year. Harvest Host is a network of businesses that allow free overnight RV access to members. Most are family type businesses such as wineries, ranches, farms, museums etc. The number of locations is fairly impressive for such a low yearly cost.
We paid $45/year after finding a discount code online. Normally $50. After becoming a member they will give you little kickbacks to bring new members on. We haven't done that ourselves but for someone with a youtube audiance it could be a way to make a few bucks if you like the service enough to recommend them.
Unfortunately our trip was cut short this year but we did stay at 4 locations. A date farm just outside Death Valley, 2 wineries and one cauliflower farm seen here near Yuma. Much better than the overcrowded BLM stop just a mile down the road.
These are one night stays unless business allows longer We stayed 2 nights at the cauliflower farm. No hook-ups or other services. You are not required to buy anything but it certainly is encouraged to at least find the owner and thank them while you have a look around. At each location we made some small purchases. Good stuff like wine that we would normally purchase anyway.
We have been very happy. The stops are unique and fun. Never had a date shake before.
Just thought I would pass it along. Here is a link to learn more if it sounds like something interesting to you.
Useful Hints and Tips
February 12, 2019
1. When a discussion or conversation is greyed out, it means there are no new messages since you last read it.
2. If you haven't read a whole thread yet, Love Your RV Forum remembers which page you're on.
3. You can choose which subjects appear in your All Discussions feed. Go to the Categories page and uncheck the categories you don't want to see.
4. The quickest way to upload files is to drag and drop them into the message area. If you drag and drop an image, it will be inserted into your post automatically.
5. You can quote someone by selecting some text, then clicking the Quote button that pops up. Re-quoting an existing quote works too.
6. Quickly jump to the top of the page by clicking anywhere on the menu bar. If you're already at the top, you'll go to the bottom. If you've just quoted someone, you'll go back to their post so you can quote them again.
7. Double-click on the left-hand side of the page to go back. Double-click on the right-hand side to move one page forward.
8. When you add formatting to a post, you'll notice special tags being added, like
. They're pretty easy to understand, so you might prefer to type them out yourself. That way you can style a post without interrupting your flow.
9. You can remove tags by hand, or select some text and click on the style you want to remove.
10. Keyboard shortcuts can make commenting easier. Ctrl+Enter submits your post, while many of the formatting features also have shortcuts. Hover over them with your mouse to find out what they are.
Link to our LYRV Forum Rules page
LYRV Forum Video Howtos
February 11, 2019
Register and Setup Your LYRV Forum Account
Start a Forum Discussion & Insert Photos/Video
LYRV Forum Navigation Tips
How to Invite Fellow RVers to our Forum
How to Control Emails Sent to You by LYRV Forum
How to Change Your Forum Name?
Tips on Using the Forum Search Function
Loves and Badges Explained
View the Help Video playlist below or
see them on YouTube
Welcome to the LYRV Forum
Click for Invite Information
Nature's Beauty Thread - Post Your Pictures
Powered septic vent
SOK Lithium (LiFePO4) 12V RV Battery
LCI Flow Max Stainless Faucet Install + New Sink
Using a 2 KW Champion Generator with a RV with a 30 amp shore cord.
Support the Forum
Terms of Service
Created with PlushForums
© 2020 Love Your RV! Forum