We purchased a used, 2006, class c and have been happy with it for the short trips we've been on. Interior living space is 23', with no slides. We plan to spend 6-8 months in it starting in the fall. Things that were important for us:
- Large payload capacity, currently at 3000lbs available after fuel and water
- Large towing capacity, we have a roughly 5000+ lb jeep
- Large Gross Veh combined weight of 26,000lbs
- High head room, I walked into too many B's, B+'s and C's where I banged my head on the air conditioner or crossmember and I'm only 6'1"
- Large holding tanks
- Quiet cab area while driving verses front engine class A's
- Separate bedroom/Living room areas
Took us about 1.5 years to find it. I saw a lot of C's, but usually the cargo carrying capacity or towing or GVCW were limiting factors for us. Depending on your needs, how much room, towing needs if any, etc. will help determine your best fit.