Acuva Water Treatment

Love Your RV & Boat!

• Does anyone have experience with the Acuva treatment system while in southern Arizona? I know our treatment system with the three water filters does not work for water around Yuma / Quartzite area. The water tasts horrible. I wonder if the Acuva system work for that water? I am guessing nothing will work for that water, but hopefully something will.

• Russell Nesbitt
    Does anyone have experience with the Acuva treatment system while in southern Arizona? I know our treatment system with the three water filters does not work...
    Ray

I have the Acuva, it won't do much for dissolved solids like the salts and minerals in Yuma water. It has a small carbon filter and UV light to purify. You'd need reverse osmosis type treatment. I tested a counter top a while back and it worked pretty good with bad Mojave water but took up a lot of counter space, I imagine you can get undercounter ones. loveyourrv.com/simpure-co

• Ray
    I have the Acuva, it won't do much for dissolved solids like the salts and minerals in Yuma water. It has a small carbon filter and UV light to purify...

Thanks Ray. That was my assumption but was not sure. We have tried the Reverse Osmosis water, it kinda tastes sort of "flat", not very good. I guess while we are in that area, it will need to be bottled water.

• Russell Nesbitt
    Thanks Ray. That was my assumption but was not sure. We have tried the Reverse Osmosis water, it kinda tastes sort of "flat", not very good. I guess...
    Ray

Yeah, zero minerals is flat and not healthy I've read, most bottled water uses spring water or add minerals after doing reverse osmosis.