Landing gear fuse

Love Your RV & Boat!

Landing gear fuse

Ask For Help or Advice

• Dean K

Hi, in the last couple of weeks our landing gear fuse has blow a couple of times. I replace it and it works fine. I can't see any reason for this. The gears seem fine, no obstructions to put extra strain on the motor, gears are all lubed. It has blow even extending with no weight on the trailer. Any suggestions?

• Dean K
    Hi, in the last couple of weeks our landing gear fuse has blow a couple of times. I replace it and it works fine. I can't see any reason for this. The...
    Ray

It could be low battery voltage; the lower the voltage on the battery, the more amperage the motor will draw. Or there is something mechanical binding in the mechanisms.
    When I first got my fifth wheel, the fuse would blow, sort of randomly. Just the manual switch one, not the remote control one. The fuse used was a standard 30 amp automotive blade fuse. So I replaced it with this zoro.com/eaton-bussmann-a a auto resetting automotive fuse. It also has a bit of a time delay to it and never had an issue again.

• Dean K

Thanks maybe I will give that a try

• J
    Jeff

I blew my 30 amp landing gear fuse when my 5th wheel was new as well. It happened when I was retracting the gear - I used to retract it all the way up. I was so new to RVing I didn't know what to do so I called a repair tech to come out. He said the most common reason these blow out is if you hold the switch on after the gear has fully retracted. I never fully retract the gear now and have never had the problem again.